Payroll Implementation Manager
American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
We’re looking for a Payroll Implementation Manager who will play an integral role in designing, building, and scaling our payroll implementation experience. As one of the first dedicated payroll implementation experts, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to design a repeatable process and then successfully scale the payroll product. You will work directly with some of our largest customers to prepare them for long term success. As an early hire, you will have unparalleled opportunity for ownership and growth within the company.
- Own the Payroll Implementation process, from importing a customer’s previous payroll history to configuring their tax setup.
- Iterate creatively on both the product and the process to ultimately deliver a best in class experience to our customers.
- Maintain a high level of data integrity for the Customer Success team by auditing clients’ payroll data (including tax filings and imported payroll history from a client’s previous provider) and ensuring Seso is setup to file with the appropriate tax agencies
- Own the relationship with customers as they work toward going live on Seso payroll. Be their biggest advocate within Seso.
- Help clients through their first payroll run and make sure they have the knowledge to run future payrolls independently
- Perform detailed audits of historical data, company level data and employee level data to ensure accuracy and credibility throughout the Implementation
- Manage client expectations - Serve as client advocate within Seso to resolve any concerns that may detract from an optimal client experience
- You will be coordinating across all departments internally and externally including Product, Engineering, Design, Operations, Partnerships, Finance, and Legal
- You will work very closely with leadership to identify and anticipate the risk, opportunities, and key gaps to make our partners successful
- Write the playbooks for systems and processes to scale future partners
- 3+ years experience in payroll implementation management in a fast-paced environment, ideally developing your own process and customer-facing materials
- Extreme sense of ownership and urgency when it comes to solving customer problems.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment where processes and products change often.
- Experience building playbooks from scratch and scaling systems & processes
- Strong project management skills (organized, flexible, and can juggle multiple projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment)
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an org -- internally and externally - executive to individual contributor
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, demonstrate empathy, and influence decision making
- Ability to prioritize customer needs, dig into pain points, problem solve with customers, and clearly communicate product needs to product and engineering teams
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers (bonus)
- You can speak Spanish (bonus)
Compensation range: $75,000 - $125,000/yr
We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job related skills and experience for accuracy. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.