VP of Finance
American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
Seso has raised over $30m from Tier I investors including Index, Founders Fund and NfX, and has been recognized with awards like Forbes Rising Stars and Andreesen Horowitzs’, American Dynamism 50.
About the Role
As our first VP of Finance you will oversee the financial and operational activities of the organization. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be a trusted advisor to executive leadership on strategic financial decisions and serve as an analytical partner across the entire organization. You will build out a world-class finance function and team, and maintain critical control of all the strategic and day to day aspects of finance, accounting, revenue cycle management, budgeting, forecasting, and business analytics. This candidate will have strong financial modeling skills, deep understanding of startup and corporate finance concepts, and ability to synthesize complex data to drive financial performance and support the company’s progress toward its financial goals and revenue targets.
- Take ownership of Seso’s overall corporate budget by overseeing the quarterly and annual budget process, including the development of revenue forecasts, income statements, expense forecasts, cash forecasts, and balance sheet
- Manage cash flow, working capital, and risk management strategies to optimize financial resources and mitigate risks
- Provide analytical leadership for all significant fundraising decisions, as well comprehensive analysis and summaries on business decisions for Executives and the Board
- Responsible for advising executive team concerning compliance matters related to applicable financial regulatory requirements
- Develop and drive ROI-based framework for evaluating Seso’s headcount and operational investments, in partnership with department heads
- Drive P&L ownership at department and sub-department levels through variance measurement and reporting
- Define KPI metrics, incorporating processes to accurately measure
- Lead the Finance and Accounting team in driving monthly, quarterly, and annual financial budget updates
- Attract, develop, and retain a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training, and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; Master’s degree a plus
- CPA highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Finance Leadership role in a hypergrowth Series A-D Vertical SaaS company
- Previous Private Equity, Investment Banking or Consulting experience
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to influence others
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to execute with significant financial impact
- Experience managing remote teams, preferably both domestic and international
- Interested in continuously improving processes within and across all departments
- Growth-oriented mindset and entrepreneurial management style with the ability to focus on company growth strategy
- Can make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume fast paced environment
- Organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Self-directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
At Seso, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job related skills and experience for accuracy. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.
Something looks off?