Guest Experience Host - Outdoorsy Hill Country
About The Outdoorsy Destination Network
The Outdoorsy Destination Network (ODN) is a collection of destinations that lie at the doorstep of the most awe-inspiring and popular outdoor locations in the U.S. Starting with destinations in California, Colorado and Texas. This endeavor exists to create comfort-first ways for all guests to spend time in the outdoors. The company is dedicated to transforming the quality of the guest experience in a category that has traditionally underserved the needs of modern travelers.
Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative global travel and hospitality companies of 2023, Outdoorsy is the leading global marketplace in outdoor travel. Launched in 2023, ODN is designed to fulfill Outdoorsy’s founding mission ‘to restore our relationship with the outdoors and each other’.
About the Role
As a Guest Experience Host, you thrive on engaging with guests, creating extraordinary experiences, and being a brand ambassador for Outdoorsy. As the first friendly face the guests will see on the property, it is the Guest Experience Host’s goal to deliver an extraordinary check-in, check-out, and scheduling experience. This role asks for an upbeat and empathetic person that is excited to work with people and has a love for the outdoors.
Your work at Outdoorsy:
- Ensure brand standards of excellence, answer inquiries and make the guest’s administrative journey as seamless as possible.
- Ability to execute and balance multiple priorities, all while positively engaging with on-site guests and upcoming arrivals
- Welcome guests as they arrive, confirm their on-site activities, and set the tone for the duration of their stay
- Share passion, knowledge, and recommendations for activities and attractions to experience in the local community
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently or in collaboration with your team and/or supervisor
- Eagerly seek opportunities to ensure guests have everything they need
- Conduct on-site activities consisting of but not limited to stargazing, nature walks, live music, special events (ie group events & holiday-themed activities)
- Be responsible for taking incoming phone calls, occasional outbound calls, and responding to emails or chats on a daily basis from guests who have questions or concerns about a reservation, statement or other concern
- Strive for excellence in guest experience across all departmental priorities (adventures, on-site activities, retail & F&B)
- Demonstrate accountability & diligence with all associated priorities
- Assist with the creation and delegation of maintenance and housekeeping tickets (If applicable)
- Verify unit availability to assist the scheduling vendor
- Handle cash and work from a point-of-sale system (Clover)
- Build and maintain business relationships and open lines of communication with other internal support teams
- Cross-trained in retail sales, food and beverage, service
- Basic wine, beer and liquor knowledge and the ability to pour\serve it. TABC card will be required.
- Manage our guest reservation system via computer (Newbook)
- Basic use and knowledge of google and all documents and spreadsheets that go with that.