Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack - Roamly
Roamly is the first full-stack insurtech for travel enthusiasts with an embedded offering that brings modern-day RV insurance to make owners' vehicles 'rent ready.' Roamly provides a suite of unique digital insurance products that eliminate the commercial use exclusion clause that prohibits online renting activity. Roamly enables marketplaces to embed and offer a broad array of insurance products – such as rental insurance, trip and travel insurance, and pet insurance, among other offerings – directly to customers through simple booking flows. Additionally, the insurtech provides personal and professional insurance products to peer-to-peer and marketplace businesses. For more information, visit www.roamly.com.
About the Role
You will be a member of our engineering team designing, building, improving, and maintaining our core products. In this role you will work on a cross-functional team on projects with varying levels of collaboration to deliver winning software solutions for our customers.
Your work at Roamly:
- You collaborate with your engineering and product team members to produce high quality, resilient, useful, and secure products
- You may lead team rituals like grooming, planning, estimating, and team retrospectives
- You ensure delivery of team commitments via leadership, mentoring, and individual execution
- Write tests for your code and perform code review for your teammates
- Create specs, diagrams, and decision documents
- Communicate with a vendor to troubleshoot an existing integration
- Make architectural decisions with an eye towards scalability, reuse, security, performance, and availability
What you will bring to the table:
- Creative problem solver with a bias towards action
- 7+ years of experience
- Small company or startup experience is a plus
- Previous team leadership is a plus
- Experience with Backend technologies: Golang is highly preferred
- Extensive experience with relational databases (e.g. Postgres or MySql)
- Experience leveraging AWS or GCP
- Experience consuming and implementing REST APIs and GraphQL
- Understanding of modern web architectures and patterns (Twelve-Factor, SOLID, ACID, etc).
- Experience with Frontend technologies: Next.js/React and Typescript is preferred
- Experience building global consumer facing apps that are accessible.
- Quickly demonstrate proficiency in the relevant technologies and tools in our products and development environment
- Consistently deliver on personal and team commitments
- Strengthen the team by being a good mentor, communicator, and contributor
- Design complex systems with many components.
- Mentors other engineers and leads architecture and design discussions
- Proactive and forward looking. Pre-grooms work in the backlog to resolve ambiguity and flesh out poor requirements. Effectively guides others in the process of planning and estimating complex work
- Demonstrates skills in coding techniques such as data structures, design patterns, algorithms, existing software reuse, automated testing, and integration with other software and systems relevant to our products
- Understand and follows our processes and teaches them to others
- Discretionary PTO
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Equity in the company
- However, the compensation package is usually the second reason people choose to join a startup. The primary reason is they want to experience the growth that comes from pouring your heart and soul into building something people love and winning a market. That's what we do at Roamly.
We continue to have our home and headquarters in Austin, Texas, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States and globally. While some roles may require proximity to our Austin office, roles based outside of our Austin office can sit in any of the following 21 US states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with potentially applicable laws. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience, and geographic work location. The total annual compensation package may consist of a base salary and bonus dependent upon position.
It is the policy of Outdoorsy Holdings, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities.