Seasonal Maintenance and Grounds Associate - Outdoorsy Bayfield, CO
About The Outdoorsy Destination Network
The Outdoorsy Destination Network (ODN) is a collection of destinations that lie at the doorstep of the most awe-inspiring and popular outdoor locations in the U.S. Starting with destinations in California, Colorado and Texas, ODN is set to grow to over 200 locations across the nation by 2028, creating comfort-first ways for all guests to spend time in the outdoors. The company is dedicated to transforming the quality of the guest experience in a category that has traditionally underserved the needs of modern travelers. Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative global 'Travel and Hospitality' companies of 2023, Outdoorsy is the leading global marketplace in outdoor travel. Launched in 2023, ODN is designed to fulfill Outdoorsy’s founding mission ‘to restore our relationship with the outdoors and each other’.
In addition to restoring and elevating existing campground destinations, ODN is also investing in a comfort-first and nature-second way of vacationing with the unveiling of Outdoorsy Hill Country, a 34-acre elevated glamping experience in the heart of the Texas Hill Country.
About the Role
The Maintenance and Grounds Associate will be the source of knowledge and action for all outdoor aesthetics and functionality. You will take pride in creating a clean and welcoming environment for the property's guests. Maintaining the overall physical condition of the exterior to promote adventure, intrigue, and excitement that contributes to the enjoyment of our guests.
This is a full time position and will report to the Assistant General Manager.
- Inventory and supply level maintenance and record keeping
- Gathers and completes estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials
- Diagnosing malfunctions in building repairs, ground repairs, and equipment
- Periodical inspections of the property
- Consistent utilization of lawn mowers, chain saws, and other heavy duty equipment
- Perform HVAC, plumbing minor electrical, carpentry, and other interior repairs
- Replace light bulbs and fix light fixtures
- Quick action on requests such as wall/sheetrock repairs, lock changes, painting, and other general repairs
- Daily clean up of the exterior including grounds and common areas
- Provide professional and courteous guest relations
- Perform swimming pool maintenance, cleaning, and chemical logs
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Prior gardening experience and maintenance experience
- Technical knowledge of tools and machinery
- Must be a problem solver that is able to identify issues, find solutions and complete the scope of work.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Has an eye for detail and is creative.
- Works well with others. Must be a team player.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays as the business demands
- Ability to lift 15-25 pounds
- Able to be on their feet for 8 hours a day
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Campground maintenance experience
- A passion for the outdoors
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with potentially applicable laws. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience, and geographic work location. The total annual compensation package may consist of a base salary and bonus dependent upon position.
It is the policy of Outdoorsy Holdings, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities.