Head of Marketing
Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
As our Head of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for unlocking growth across channels and bringing high-quality leads into our customer pipeline. You’ll lead, define, and execute on our marketing and brand strategy and help us make the prospect of ownership a reality for small business owners in America.
Reporting to our Founder & CEO, you’ll be part of our Executive Team and lead a small but mighty team spanning growth marketing, lead generation, and creative and brand strategy. You’ll use data, diligence, and detail to understand what our customers and stakeholders value, and translate your insights into strategies that’ll shape the future of growth at withco.
What you'll do:
- Grow, grow, grow! Hack your way into building high-quality customer pipelines with a focus on small businesses
- Couple rigorous research and customer insights to build and iterate on scalable marketing strategies across channels and drive quality lead volume
- Own product marketing, messaging, and positioning, partnering closely with Product and Investments teams
- Oversee and develop our brand strategy and creative vision, including content, copywriting, and visual identity to educate stakeholders on our mission, model, and process
- Evolve our Customer Experience (CX) Learning Engine driving customer conversations, communications, and feedback loops that build upon our customer knowledge and insights
What makes you a great fit:
- 7+ years of experience in roles across a variety of domains including growth, marketing, partnerships and/or business development
- Leadership experience within high-growth and/or startup environments, ideally in fintech or proptech
- Strong digital marketing experience, including SEO/SEM, conversion optimization, and customer acquisition and retention
- Strong knowledge of marketing and analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, CRM systems (Hubspot is a plus), and other digital marketing tools e.g. Google Adwords, email automation, etc.
- Innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to roll up your sleeves and gets things done
- Mission-driven and passionate about creating more small business success stories in America
Start Small, Dream Big: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings.
Really Own It: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
Act Fast, Learn Fast: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Hustle to Honesty: We seek to quickly and courageously get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
Are you with company?
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re hybrid and in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations