Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
As our first Product Designer, you’ll lead the product experience for our customers and own the design of our internal products. Reporting to our Head of Product, you’ll be a strategic thought partner and a mission-critical advocate for product design, while also rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
You'll leverage your expertise in design to help us build trust with our customers. By simplifying the experience and introducing transparency into a complex process, you'll help our customers feel empowered and informed as they embark on one of the most important and expensive decisions in their life: owning real estate for their business.
What you'll do:
- Set the vision for the user experience
- Lead multiple streams of work from discovery through launch with a strong customer focus
- Design best-in-class customer facing experiences as well as internal tools
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and investors to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch products
- Create, update, and maintain templates, style guides, libraries, and design resources
- Leverage Figma and other modern tools to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
What makes you a great fit:
- 6+ years of relevant in-house and/or agency experience
- Degree in UI/UX design or another relevant design field
- Expertise creating design systems, building reusable components, and marketing material in Figma and other modern design/collaboration tools.
- Meticulous execution skills, an ability to tell complex stories with elegance and simplicity
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Experience collaborating well with product, engineering, and marketing in a fast paced environment
- Passion for small business and desire to communicate their positive impact on communities
Start Small, Dream Big: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings.
Really Own It: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
Act Fast, Learn Fast: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Hustle to Honesty: We seek to quickly and courageously get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
Are you with company?
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re hybrid and in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations