Investments (Real Estate)
Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
As a member of our Investments team, you’ll help drive forward and inform our end-to-end real estate strategy: from shaping strategy, to underwriting individual transactions, to conducting our due diligence and closing processes, to partnering with our Growth team to coordinate customer relationships, to building tools and models that scale our ability to get deals done. You’ll do it all!
This role matches the breadth and real world impact of real estate investing with the agency and responsibility of a startup, all the while breaking ground on a fundamentally new model of real estate ownership. We’re looking for an investor-operator who can not only use their judgment to make sound investment decisions, but also leverage their experience to scale our impact to thousands of deals and thousands of small businesses served.
What you'll do:
- Underwrite and execute live transactions, including due diligence, investment committee review, and closing
- Build key closing relationships with vendors and consultants who touch the real estate process
- Partner with Product to design and build underwriting and execution tools that scale our impact and ability to get deals done more efficiently
- Develop our onboarding and Asset Management transition process to allow seamless transition from deal to customer
What makes you a great fit:
- 2+ years excelling in high-performing institutional real estate investing or real estate investment banking role with a focus on commercial, retail, hospitality, office, and/or industrial experience
- Experience building valuation models from scratch and diligencing and closing transactions
- Experience in investing across the full life cycle of real estate deals, ideally across the capital stack
- Strong attention to detail and ability to quickly analyze and judge valuation models, tenant financials, legal contracts, and due diligence reports
- Genuine fascination with and desire to fundamentally modernize the real estate industry using operational excellence, systems thinking, and technology
- Passion for small business and desire to help each customer with potentially the most important transaction of their life
Start Small, Dream Big: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings.
Really Own It: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
Act Fast, Learn Fast: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Hustle to Honesty: We seek to quickly and courageously get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
Are you with company?
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re hybrid and in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations