Head of Finance & Business Operations
Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
As a FinTech company, Finance is not a back office function, but the heart of our product and our mission. And in today’s market, it is our mission-critical scale - balancing impact and cost - to make every bet count.
Reporting to our Founder & CEO, you’ll own financial strategy and operations from soup to nuts. You’ll partner with our Board and every executive to turn strategy into execution and build the tooling we use to measure, grow, and raise capital around our success.
This is a very hands-on role: you’ll be a strategic thought partner driving impact and growth across the organization, all while rolling up your sleeves on the operational and finance initiatives to get things done.
What you'll do:
- Oversee business planning and core operational and finance initiatives, effectively translating our strategy into effective plans for scale
- Serve as trusted thought and accountability partner to our Executive Team (Product, Growth, Investments, Talent)
- Develop and own company dashboards, performance metrics, and financial models, and drive insights and recommendations to inform strategic decision-making
- Lead Board and investor reporting and communications in close partnership with our CEO
- Lead FP&A and financial operations while enabling the business to rapidly and efficiently scale
- Ensure data integrity and processes across our internal systems
- Develop and manage strong external relationships with key stakeholders and lead fundraising efforts to scale our operating company and real estate portfolio
What makes you a great fit:
- 6+ years of experience, ideally with foundational financial training from investment banking, management consulting, and/or buy-side investing, and recent experience in a senior operating role at a startup
- Strong project manager with experience driving operational efficiency and and keeping initiatives on track with little oversight
- Strong financial modeling, metrics/reporting setting, and other quantitative skills
- Deep understanding of capital markets and financial products, with direct experiences managing complex capital structures a plus
- Mission-driven and passionate about creating more small business success stories in America
Start Small, Dream Big: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings.
Really Own It: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
Act Fast, Learn Fast: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Hustle to Honesty: We seek to quickly and courageously get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
Are you with company?
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re hybrid and in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations