New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
You'll leverage your expertise in design to help us build trust with our customers. By simplifying the experience and introducing transparency into the process you'll help our customers feel empowered, informed, and a sense of comfort as they embark on one of the most important and expensive decisions in their life - owning real estate for their business.
You'll lead the product experience for our customers and you'll also own the design of our internal products -- which play a critical role in enabling our teams to work effectively, evaluate risk, and make life changing decisions.
What you'll do:
- Set the vision for the user experience
- Lead multiple streams of work from discovery through launch
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and investors to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch products
- Create, update, and maintain templates, style guides, libraries, and design resources
- Leverage Figma and other modern tools to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Design customer facing experiences as well as internal tools
What makes you a great fit:
- Degree in UI/UX design or another relevant design field
- 4+ years of relevant in-house or agency experience
- Expertise creating design systems, building reusable components, and marketing material in Figma and other modern design/collaboration tools.
- Meticulous execution skills, an ability to tell complex stories with elegance and simplicity
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and work independently
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with great attention to detail
- Experience collaborating well with product, engineering, and marketing in a fast paced environment
- Passion for small business and desire to communicate their positive impact on communities
The estimated base salary range for this position is $120,000-160,000.
It’s important to us that you are an owner. We strive to be highly competitive with our compensation package, which includes base salary, generous early-stage equity, and exceptional benefits. Using industry benchmarking and market best practices, we ensure we are externally competitive and internally fair. The salary range posted may vary based on your knowledge, skills, qualifications, and level of experience as it relates to the job.
- Support small: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We put in the work to look out for their best interests because their success is our success.
- Own, don't rent: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it.
- 1% better every day: We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
- Hustle to honesty: We seek to quickly get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
- Think critically, act quickly: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Are you with company?
We believe in building a company that puts employees first and helps them live and see our mission in action. To further support your growth and wellbeing at withco, we also offer you:
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations
withco is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We care about building a uniquely diverse, energetic, inclusive, and service-oriented team—one that understands, cares about, and represents the different communities we aim to serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and others who are underrepresented in the technology and real estate industries to apply. You’ll be a mission-critical team member. Are you with company?
See more open positions at withco
Something looks off?