VP of Product
Role summaryIn this role, you will lead a group of product, design, and content teams to push the Volley roadmap forward—both on smart speaker platforms and the voice platforms of the future. You will set roadmaps, decide strategy and goals, and hire and manage each of our games' product teams.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- Curiosity to work on new platforms and new devices
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and prioritize work
- Experience managing/mentoring others in your function
- Design taste
- Hiring and org design experience
- Ownership of product timelines, goals, and strategy
- Experience managing user experience for complex applications
- Experience working with multiple functions to positively impact product KPIs
Some things you may have done in the past
- Managed innovative user experiences for mobile apps, websites, broadcast, smart speaker devices
- Built a consumer-facing product or managed a software platform
- Designed product features and experiments to hit KPIs
- Led a large product and/or design organization
- Helped grow a startup organization from dozens into hundreds of people
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- Passion for entertainment and/or games
- Deep understanding of consumer psychology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years management and hiring experience
The hiring process
- Stage 1 (Preliminary Screening) with Adrienne Hatter, Head of Recruiting
- Stage 2 (Interview Video Call) with Max Child, Co-Founder & CEO
- Stage 3 (Interview Video Call) with Product Leader
- Stage 4 (Take-Home)
- Stage 5 (Half-Day “On Site”) with various partners, team-mates, and executives
- [Executive Roles] Follow-Up Calls as needed
What's in it for you
- Your medical, dental, and vision insurance is 100% covered by Volley, for yourself and all dependents and we match 401k!
- We offer a flexible, hybrid work-from-home and in-office work model.
- We offer 4 weeks of paid time off (enforced 2-week minimum), 16 paid holidays, 40 hours of bereavement leave, unlimited sick days, and
- Our generous parental leave policy includes 24 weeks at 100% pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks at 100% pay for non-birthing parents
- We offer visa support for eligible candidates, making the process of relocating for the job smoother and more streamlined
- A full breakdown of our benefits is here!
For Pay Transparency: The base salary range for this position is $200,000 - $300,000 annually, based on a local (San Francisco) hire. Final offer amount may depend on experience, education, skills, and location.
Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Volley, named one of Y Combinator's Top Companies, develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Jeopardy - America’s most popular game show
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars. Our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love hanging out at happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!
Something looks off?