Accounting & Finance
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
What Do We Do?
Triple Whale centralizes and simplifies all the metrics used by Shopify sellers, enabling them to save more time and make more money. We help e-commerce businesses accurately track and forecast all kinds of metrics, including changes in profits and operational metrics. Our goal is to infuse AI into e-commerce, empowering shops to have an accurate picture of their business and make optimal choices that boost their bottom line. Launched in mid-2021, Triple Whale already has over 6,000 clients, top-tier investors, and growing hubs in Columbus, Austin, North Carolina, and Israel (Jerusalem and Herzliya).
You will report directly to our Controller and will be responsible for executing the essential daily accounting functions, as well as collaborate on all of our global accounting needs. You will also work closely with the team in the development and implementation of best practices for billing operations and related ASC 606 Revenue Recognition standards. In addition, you will deliver financial results and help forecast spending, such as headcount planning and any other large items that impact cash flow.
Additional responsibilities will include: General ledger, consolidation, and reporting of financial results, assisting in an annual audit, optimization of processes and internal control. Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to a high-growth organization to drive operational execution.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
* Monthly/Quarterly Close: Working with the Controller in regards to timely and accurate preparation of account reconciliations, analysis and presentation of the monthly consolidated financial close. Additionally, assist in the preparation of the financial reporting.
* Billing Operations: Create and own the financial operations workflow regarding revenue operations, collections and associated ASC 606 standards.
* General Accounting: Maintain general ledger and all sub-ledgers. Maintain the company's overall system of accounts, books, and records on all company transactions and assets.
* Audit: Assist with the day-to-day audit process including the preparation of support, Financial Statements and interactions with the external audit firm.
* Implement technical accounting and tax pronouncements with the Controller and stay current and adopt all new technical accounting pronouncements.
* Policies, Procedures and Internal Controls: Work with the team to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures as required with a focus on driving efficiencies through effective and efficient use of our accounting systems.
* Financial Management: Work closely with the team and department heads to deliver quality BvAs in regards to department level operating expenses.
* Team: Work with other financial staff and consultants to ensure appropriate resources to complete work in a timely manner.
* Working our global tax and treasury operations, including working with our Israel team.
* Assist the management team on the preparation of Board packages, special projects and documentation/automation of processes.
* Working with the Controller in regards to the financial projections models for both the near and long term, driving a high degree of accuracy.
* 3+ years of relevant experience in finance-related roles at a global hi-tech startup.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA highly preferred).
* Extensive experience in billing operations and ASC 606 compliance.
* Extensive experience in NetSuite, including OneWorld and Advanced Revenue Management.
* Strong understanding of US GAAP and maintaining related schedules.
* Ability to take calls/meetings as necessary with the Israel team
* Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with a passion for technology.
* Extremely curious and thrive in a problem-solving stage of company growth.
* FP&A experience very helpful and a big plus.
We Are Customer Obsessed: From our mission to every detailed project, everything we do is designed to create a positive impact for our customers.
We Move (Very!) Quickly: The speed at which we work, iterate, and deliver value is our most competitive advantage.
We Are Trustworthy: Candor, directness, and honest communication helps us learn, grow and improve so we can win together.
We Are Curious: We extend beyond our comfort zone and ask questions that guide us towards new, creative, and bold paths.
We Act Like A Mensch: We act with honor, integrity and empathy, and have deep respect for our customers and each other.
Greatest Team: A world-class team of the brightest and most talented out there! Work with fun, hardworking, kind, nice people who are passionate about what they do
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, and equity
Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families
Time Off: Generous PTO. We want you to relax when you need to relax!
Healthcare: Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
401K: 3% matching
In the News
Businessinsider: Shopify merchants have doubled ad spend on TikTok to reel in customers, as privacy changes make Facebook a ‘complete nightmare’ for customer acquisition.
See more open positions at Triple Whale
Something looks off?