Head of People Ops
TravelJoy (traveljoy.com) is bringing the joy back into travel planning, starting with modern tools to help the 100k+ travel agents in the U.S. grow their business and manage their network of clients and suppliers.
Thousands of travel agents depend on TravelJoy to run their business today, whether it’s planning unique travel experiences for their clients, securely collecting payments, or keeping their day-to-day tasks organized. Our members absolutely love our product — virtually all of our growth has been organic and referral based (85%!).
We’re excited to bring on our first Head of People Ops to accelerate the next phase of our growth. While you’ll be the goto person for all things HR, you’ll absorb and then scale our unique, tight-knit culture, as opposed to copy/pasting playbooks or having strong pre-conceived notions of how things should be done.
As TravelJoy’s Head of People Ops, you’ll...
- work across all areas of HR and culture at the company
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding (30%)
- create and execute talent acquisition strategy to attract, recruit, hire and retain the right talent to achieve our long-term business goals.
- ensure top of funnel is diverse and representative of the company we are aiming to build
- streamline our recruiting and onboarding process implementing ATS software or similar workflow improvements
- continuously improve candidate interview process
- develop and deliver reports on recruiting pipeline
- continuously improve onboarding to enhance new employee experience
- develop and improve onboarding curriculum
Culture & Engagement (30%)
- build and nurture trusting relationships with company leaders and individual contributors
- partner with leadership to develop and improve policies reflective of our core values
- leaning into our strong company culture to make recommendations for process improvements
- drive our engagement programs to further strengthen and maintain our healthy company culture
- help to plan and organize our team meetups three times a year including meetings, collaboration, transportation, accommodations, dining and activities
Training & Development (25%)
- create career pathing, including suggestions for professional development accessible to all employees
- mentor managers and employees through employee relation conversations
- own our practice of continuous feedback by leading the employee survey process and communicating the results
- lead employees through our performance review process
- guide employees’ professional development
Benefits & Compliance (15%)
- Keep our benefits reflective of our people and our company values
- Own the benefits program including competitive research, change management and implementation
- Own payroll process
- Remain current with employment laws and best practices
You’d be an ideal fit if you:
- are excited to absorb and then scale our unique, tight-knit culture, as opposed to copy/pasting playbooks or having strong pre-conceived notions of how things should be done
- have a B.A/B.S. in Business, Management, Social Science, or other relevant field
- have 6+ years experience in People Operations (HR)
- have 3+ years experience in a People Operations (HR) leadership position
- have exceptional communication, planning and leadership skills
- have experience managing employee engagement, performance, culture, talent, employee relations, benefits, payroll and compliance (federal & state).
- have proven ability to act with discretion and integrity in all situations.
- prioritize business objectives while managing relationships in all levels of the organization
- are a people-centric collaborator who thrives in a startup culture
- enjoy working “in the weeds,” and building programs from the ground up, with a track record of success
- have prior experience working at a remote startup during a growth period
- are extremely organized and detail oriented, documenting even the smallest details
- have prior experience working with tools such as excel/google sheets, ATS (ex: Ashby), Slack, Notion
You should be comfortable with:
- working remotely, attending daily video standups, and having 4 hours workday overlap with 9a–5p PT
- traveling to attend 1-week (typically 5 nights, Sunday - Friday) team meetups three times per year (when it's safe to do so)
Include the following in your response:
- What is a lesson learned from a previous program you’ve implemented?
- After reading the job listing, what project are you most excited to dive into?
- Please share an example of how you’ve given feedback to your leadership team on ways the company can improve.