Mortgage Loan Processor
Tomo believes the joy and promise of a new home should never be overshadowed by the hassle of buying one. We’re on a mission to reinvent home buying—beginning with a simpler, faster, and less expensive mortgage experience. By empowering homebuyers with technology and transparency, we’re fundamentally changing the way people buy homes.
The elevator pitch…
Tomo is growing our mortgage operations team, and we’re looking for our next GOAT! A Mortgage Loan Processor leverages established guidelines to ensure loan applications are accurate, and include compliant supporting documentation.
Our team’s ultimate goal is to work closely and collaboratively to achieve on-time closings, while building a memorable experience for our customers.. We are looking for resourceful Processors with proactive pipeline management skills and excellent intuition about customer experience and needs. The ideal candidate for this role gets excited about moving quickly, using technology, innovating, and being around customer-centric teammates.
This role is based in our office Midtown NYC office Monday- Wednesday, and is remote optional on Thursdays and Fridays.
The things you’re a GOAT at…
- Serve as the primary relationship manager and point of contact for the customer from rate lock to close, collaborating with other functions to make this happen
- Perform all processing, pre-underwriting, and pre-closing tasks required to proactively manage mortgage loan files from receipt in processing to final disposition
- Verify accuracy and adherence to investor guidelines of all documents required for a complete submission to Underwriting (including appraisal and title)
- Collaborate with the agent to obtain necessary documentation (if needed) for approval and keep him or her informed of the status of the application
- Use Tomo's tools to proactively communicate with the customer and keep them informed throughout the loan process
- Consistently meet target service level objectives
- Initiate follow-up phone calls to members and third parties to obtain necessary loan documentation, title, credit and/or collateral information
- Meet stated objectives for quality submissions to Underwriting
- Maintain proactive review of pipeline to ensure that rate locks do not expire
- Coordinate closings with all parties and assists with post-closing follow-up, as necessary
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and serves as a project resource in the implementation of system enhancements or process improvements
- When Closing Disclosure is sent to customer, offer option to review and answer questions
The things you’ll be doing…
- Understanding of the mortgage lending process
- Ability to handle multiple purchase applications simultaneously in a fast paced environment - On time close is very important to us!
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong performance in team environments
- Detail orientation with a strong focus on quality
- Superior customer centricity
You may also have the extras…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience of mortgage loan processing specifically purchase transactions
- Ability to obtain and maintain NMLS registration
- Byte Experience
- Non-QM and broker experience/knowledge
We care a lot about our Team…
Just like our ideal of anticipating the needs of our customers, we strive to provide everything our Tomo Teammates need to be happy, healthy, and motivated. Our package includes:
- Equity for all
- Free Medical Insurance (HSA & FSA Options)
- Free Dental Insurance
- Free Vision Insurance
- 4 fully remote weeks per year of your choosing (1/quarter)
- Flexible PTO
- Fully paid parental leave (4 or 12 weeks)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tomo Swag Bucks
- Commuter Benefits… and more!
Something looks off?