Construction Professional With Experience in Bidding Sheets
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 2 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
At Tailorbird, we believe that renovations take too long to organize. Our vision is to organize any renovation instantly by using analytics and automation to accelerate the most challenging pre-construction workflows. We are proud to count some of the largest and most reputable multifamily owners, contractors, and suppliers in the US as our customers. We are funded by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Moderne Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins. Join us as we build the easy button for home renovations.
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India. Our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role:
We are looking for our next Latin America-based Construction Professional with Experience in Bidding Sheets who wants to help us automate the most challenging pre-construction workflows and join our team of architects. If you long to be a part of a creative, international team that values your expertise, read on!
The role of Construction Professional with Experience in Bidding Sheets is a remote position. The architecture team is based in Latin America. Your first two weeks are a paid gig. You will become a full-time employee upon successful completion of your two-week gig.
You'll get to:
- Utilize your construction expertise to review documents and analyze materials and labor with respect to project scopes.
- Correspond with US-based multifamily real estate owners, construction managers, architects, designers and contractors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our business operations team to provide regular product feedback to our product and engineering teams.
- Empower stakeholders to accelerate the acquisition and renovations processes – you will be able to quickly see the change you’re making for our business and our customers firsthand.
Experience & Skills:
Please note: students will not be considered viable candidates for this position.
- 4+ years professional experience as an architect or civil engineer - strong preference for candidates who specialize in takeoff estimations.
- Native Spanish speaker with excellent oral/written skills in English – CEFR C2 proficiency level or equivalent.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Construction document expertise – you have the vocabulary needed to speak about construction project scope, bidding, budgeting to owners, contractors and suppliers.
- Highly responsive to Slack and email.
- Deep curiosity: you love change, problem solving and constantly seek to improve yourself.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with tight deadlines and when processes change quickly.
Nice to have:
- Any level of AutoCAD and Revit is desired but not required.
- Master's degree in construction project management or construction risk management are preferred.
- Previous experiencing working in a startup environment.
Reasons to consider not taking this role at Tailorbird:
Please note: We value transparency and we intend to set expectations accurately. Working at Tailorbird is a thrilling journey and we want to ensure this is a fit for both you and our team.
- Typically, early-stage startups are not a 9-5 job. Your colleagues will be working long hours and have high expectations. We work based on goals, not time sheets.
- Startup environments may test your tolerance for ambiguity. We don't always have the answer. Sometimes, you'll be given a high-level objective and you will need to devise a plan to execute on time.
- Building a product requires inner calm and motivation: the ability to not grow frustrated if a process changes or a mistake is made is critical for success. You will be expected to document bugs and errors to help improve a software product.
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and former Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits.
We are proudly building a truly cross-functional team that cares as much about an empathetic work culture as we do for building technology that matters. Tailorbird's people are what make our product exceptional.
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company.
- Open PTO policy.
- Company owned laptop is provided.
- Work From Home and Healthcare reimbursement (with cap amounts).
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.