Senior BIM Technician
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 2 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We are looking for our next Latin America-based Senior BIM Technician to join our small team of BIM experts.
Ideally, you’re highly collaborative and globally minded - eager to work closely with international clients. and colleagues. You’re proactive, adapt quickly to change and recalibrate your efforts easily. You’re creative and you dream of utilizing your BIM software expertise to improve pre-construction workflows and identify untapped business opportunities. You take pride in solving hard problems alongside a team of diverse and passionate trailblazers.
The role of Senior BIM Technician is a remote position. The architecture team is based in Latin America. Your first two weeks are a paid gig. You will become a full-time employee upon successful completion of your two-week gig.
You'll Get To
- Utilize Revit and other BIM software to develop smart models and schedules, creating proper families and applying parameters accordingly.
- Manage laser scanning content and BIM design technology resources including templates and libraries.
- Engage in meaningful research on BIM related subjects to improve and advance workflows, quality of models and associated documentation.
- Collaborate with international business, product and engineering leaders across multiple time zones to build innovative solutions for pre-construction delays and common rework loops.
- Empower stakeholders to accelerate the acquisition and renovations processes – you will be able to quickly see the change you’re making for our business and our customers firsthand.
We're Looking For
- Native Spanish speaker with strong oral/written skills in English.
- 5+ years experience in architecture or construction in residential or multifamily renovation including expert abilities and enthusiasm for 3D modeling in Revit and Building Information Modeling (BIM.) Only applicants with expert knowledge of Revit and BIM will be considered for this role.
- Knowledge of BIM Collaborate software is required.
- Knowledge of Scan-to-BIM technology like PointCloud is strongly desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of other products in the Autodesk portfolio (ACAD, Recap) is beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of other modeling products (AECOsim, Rhino) is beneficial, but not required.
- Problem solving mentality: you have experience adapting quickly to varying project standards.
- Attention to detail: you’re the first to spot errors and particularities – nothing gets by you.
- Exceptional time management skills: you prioritize tasks and consistently deliver work on time.
- Growth mindset: your habits align with continuously learning and improving, both professionally and personally.
- Relational skills: you have a passion for people and being a part of a close-knit team that loves helping one another.
Reasons to consider not taking this role at Tailorbird:
Please note: We value transparency and we intend to set expectations accurately. Working at Tailorbird is a thrilling journey and we want to ensure this is a fit for both you and our team.
- Typically, early-stage startups are not a 9-5 job. Your colleagues will be working long hours and have high expectations. We work based on goals, not time sheets.
- Startup environments may test your tolerance for ambiguity. We don't always have the answer. Sometimes, you'll be given a high-level objective and you will need to devise a plan to execute on time.
- Building a product requires inner calm and motivation: the ability to not grow frustrated if a process changes or a mistake is made is critical for success.
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and former Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits.
We are proudly building a truly cross-functional team that cares as much about an empathetic work culture as we do for building technology that matters. Tailorbird's people are what make our product exceptional.
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company.
- Open PTO policy.
- Company owned laptop is provided.
- Work From Home and Healthcare reimbursement (with cap amounts).
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.