GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) Engineer
Please apply using this link. https://airtable.com/shrMK68DCp52e2u7B
*Position Description *
Satellite servicing missions require autonomous, robotic actions in orbit. To fulfill our mission Starfish is developing the Otter servicing vehicle and the CEPHALOPOD guidance software to interact with and maximize the operational value of satellites. This position will support the development of flight algorithms to autonomously guide satellites during rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking (RPOD), and relies on guidance, navigation, and control skills. This engineer will do everything ranging from writing software, to developing autonomous flight algorithms, to executing testing campaigns to ensure high reliability performance.
- 5+ years of experience, at least 3 of which in an engineering role at an aerospace company
- Previous experience developing flight algorithms for complex systems
- Proficiency with astrodynamics
- Working knowledge of satellite guidance and/or control
- Programming experience in Python and/or C/C++
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field
- Must be a US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Willing to work from Tukwila, Washington
- Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.