Embedded Software Engineer
Apply using this link: https://airtable.com/shrMK68DCp52e2u7B
Starfish's spacecraft requires high performance software; thus, we are looking for an embedded software engineer who can help us build core software technologies to conduct relative navigation and to execute autonomous guidance and control. These software products are developed and tested in simulation environments, and must execute on top of complex vehicle software stacks. This position will build software infrastructure to support the development of autonomous space systems and write flight software to ensure algorithms run properly on board satellites. This role will focus on building the software / hardware interfaces for our satellites, but may also involve some cloud infrastructure building and automated simulation analysis.
- 3+ years of experience working on embedded software products
- Previous experience working with and creating HIL / PIL systems
- Experience writing software for a variety of different compute hardware and architectures
- Working knowledge of Python and C++
- Must be a US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Willing to work from Tukwila, Washington
- Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or similar field
- Previous experience in the aerospace industry is a plus, but not required
- Experience with cloud compute platforms and tools such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with numerical simulations
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.