Associate Director / Director of Data Science
resistanceBio is seeking an Associate Director / Director of Data Science to spearhead our analysis and understanding of treatment-resistant cancer. In this pivotal role, you will craft our bioinformatic analysis pipeline, uncover critical insights into cancer biology, drive novel informatics projects, and mentor / grow the Data Science team that is at the core of our groundbreaking platform. If you have a passion for molecular and cancer cell biology and thrive at the nexus of bioinformatics, cloud computing, and rich multi-omics datasets, this job is perfect for you.
What You'll Do
- Build and execute pipelines for multi-omic data analysis, develop reports on novel findings, and integrate bioinformatic insights with cancer biology
- Advance our understanding of cancer biology through the analysis of multi-omic changes related to treatment resistance utilizing clinical data and literature
- Develop experimental recommendations for further interrogating resistance patterns
- Structure our resistance database using robust data structures for diverse datasets, develop meta-analysis frameworks, and maintain efficient data management systems
- Collaborate across internal teams and with external partners to effectively manage complex projects and while concisely communicating insights and updates
- Mentor a small team through hands-on contribution and set the bar for producing well-documented code
- PhD/MS in Physics, Statistics, Computational Biology, or related fields
- 7-10 years of relevant research experience in cancer biology, preferably in a leadership role
- Demonstrated mastery of bioinformatics tools (Bash, R, Python) and cloud computing (AWS)
- Strong expertise in molecular biology and cell biology with a focus on cancer research
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills to drive complex projects
- Previous technical leadership experience and a strong drive to mentor and grow teams
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity offerings
- Comprehensive health benefits, including PPO, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with a 3% match
- Subsidized lunches and a well-stocked snack pantry
- Flexible paid time off
resistanceBio is the first company solely focused on deeply exploring cancer evolution and drug responses. We are partnering with pharma to develop groundbreaking therapies that better avoid drug resistance to improve outcomes for patients with cancer.
We're not just about data sets, we are a collaborative team that translates data into the future of drug development. We are serious about our values of integrity, inclusivity, accountability, collaboration, and drive and are seeking candidates that embody these values and are excited to cultivate culture at resistanceBio.
resistanceBio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a workplace that celebrates diversity in all its nuances. Even if you don’t meet all of the above criteria, we encourage you to apply as we are constantly evaluating our growing needs and love to connect with great people!