Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
We are Ramp, a well-funded scaleup that makes the Web3 world a reality 🚀
We are looking forward to meeting Data Engineer/DataOps/Data Architect to cooperate on data migration and integration.
As a new Data Team in Ramp, we are starting with data integration, sustainable Descriptive analytics and A/B testing. But we are rapidly moving towards Predictive and Prescriptive analytics. You will be working closely with the Product Team to make high-impact, data-informed decisions regarding future product development.
Tech stack: Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, dbt (Data Build Tool), Terraform, Tableau, Github
Your future work will include
- in general, technical supporting of data strategy implementation, in particular:
- having ownership of (analytical) data architecture focused on descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- utilizing of best practices in Data Warehouse to reduce complexity and costs, using dbt (Data Build Tool; Great Expectations - nice to have); Python; Airbyte, Airflow or alternatives; GitHub; ClickUp
- ingesting data ingestions into the cloud data warehouse (BigQuery)
- supporting of integration of different data sources (Google Analytics; transactional data; SFTP; public datasets using APIs, webhooks) into BigQuery
- optimizing performance
- data security management
- monitoring and improving data quality, e.g. implementing testing with dbt, Great Expectations
What we are looking for in candidates
- being friendly and professional; excited by the possibilities of working on the intersection of FinTech and blockchain (no blockchain experience required - it would be a plus)
- readiness to work (!) in a rapidly scaling up startup. It is not about work for the sake of work - we are directly contributing to the success of our product. We are growing very fast and want to keep users as happy as possible.
- at least +4 years of experience as Data Engineer/DataOps/Data Architect
- experience in migrating data into the cloud data warehouse (e.g GCP - BigQuery, AWS, other, also in using dbt; Python; Google Analytics; Airbyte, Airflow or alternatives; GitHub; ClickUp is a plus)
- experience in integration of different data sources (Google Analytics; transactional data; SFTP; public datasets using APIs, webhooks) into BigQuery is a plus
Our recruitment process
- Discovery interview with a Talent Partner (35 minutes).
- Technical interview with our Data Engineering Lead (75 minutes).
- 💰21000-30000 PLN B2B monthly net
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it)
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw, Wroclaw and London; work from home is also an option,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 Macbook Pro and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Ramp is an equal-opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, potential for growth and attitude.
93% of Team members answered YES! when asked: "If they were overly satisfied with their cooperation with Ramp."
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world. A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience where users own and control their data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift, and Ramp is among a few companies defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive, and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!
See more open positions at Ramp
Something looks off?