Senior Backend Engineer (core-team)
We are looking for strong and independent backend engineers to join our core team. This is an opportunity to join at the ground-floor as one of our first employees, and spread awesomeness to developers around the world.
Permit.io empowers developers to bake in permissions and access-control into any product in minutes. Backed by two leading US VCs, we are based in Tel Aviv (Azrieli / Hashalom area) and are remote friendly.
In this role you will be responsible for building applications, including anything from complex groups of back-end microservices to CLI utilities and language-specific SDKs. You will have great autonomy driving the roadmap and delivering outstanding features to our users.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in building scalable, high-performance systems.
- Extensive experience with modern software languages (Python / Golang / NodeJs)
- Hands-on experience delivering products over public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong knowledge of SQL / NoSQL databases.
- Startup mentality and hands-on builder type personality
- Knowledge of best practices relating to security, performance, and monitoring.
- Highly dedicated individual with a “can-do” approach
- Team player who is eager to be an early adopter of new technologies
What you'll do
- Architect, develop, and maintain Permit’s core features and backend infrastructure
- Deliver high quality, scalable, reliable, and extensible APIs
- Integrate and contribute to cutting-edge open source solutions such as OPA and Google Zanzibar implementations, and to our own open source project(s) - OPAL.ac (used by leaders like Tesla and Zapier)
- Implement smart indexing and caching algorithms to meet our strict SLA
- Collaborate closely with the founders and the rest of the core team, mentor fellow engineers and become a domain expert