Senior platform engineer
Pepper Bio, a venture-backed tech-bio startup founded by MIT, Harvard, and Northwestern alumni, has developed the world’s first transomic drug discovery platform. This ‘Google Maps’ for drug discovery brings not just more data but the right data to treat the untreatable. We integrate phosphoproteomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, and genomics. Pepper’s whole-stack solution to common drug discovery challenges reveals actionable insights that others miss. We have 3 ongoing oncology programs in early discovery.
Read about our fall 2021 launch from stealth in TechCrunch: https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/15/nfx-backed-pepper-bio-emerges-from-stealth-with-tools-to-hone-in-on-complex-diseases/
The Senior Platform Engineer will develop Pepper’s computational platform. Working directly with the CSO and Head of Biology, you’ll handle cutting edge data and analytics to directly influence the design and implementation of new features. You will also apply the platform to answer critical drug discovery questions for Pepper and its partners. There is opportunity for growth within the company as we grow.
- Develop and apply platform to enable Pepper to discover new drugs and treat untreatable diseases
- Make decisions on high-level system architecture to facilitate rapid growth
- Identify and curate new sources of biological data to advance the platform’s predictive capabilities
- Collaborate directly with the biology team to ensure platform advances relevant metrics for drug discovery
- Implement and maintain cloud resources to scale with platform development
- Automate public data curation pipeline to streamline platform growth and benchmarking
- In depth experience in software development, e.g., Python
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS, and team software development
- Proficient in Windows and Linux
- Comfortable with command line environment
- Adept at data curation; biological and omics data desirable
- Effective communication across a team of experts and non-experts alike
Pepper Bio is committed to growing a world-class team that is diverse. This includes but is not limited to diversity in culture, gender, identity, age, race, and education. We believe this is critical to generate bold, new ideas to address the industry’s leading problems.