Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
As an Operations Analyst you will own executing all cross border US<>Mexico logistics movements for your assigned shipper portfolio from end to end. You will drive operational excellence to meet core metrics such as on time pickup, on time delivery, and the timely resolution of any exceptions and issues. Reporting directly to our Operations Manager, you will be in direct and constant communication with both the Shippers in your portfolio and the Carriers who serve their loads.
This is an opportunity to learn the core brokerage functions and deliver an excellent experience for the shippers and carrier in your portfolio.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Create new shipment files in our TMS and confirming booked loads with Carriers.
- Maintain communication with both Shipper and Carrier during the execution of all cross border shipments, ensuring SLAs for response time are met.
- Strategically resolve Shipper or Carrier incidents or issues in a timely manner to ensure on time pick up and on time delivery.
- Ensure that all inputs into the TMS are correct & timely to generate data-backed insights to improve Shipper & Carrier performance. Surface areas of opportunity for improvement and propose fixes to the issues that you have identified.
- Share insights that will improve efficiency with the Shippers & Carriers and through monthly business reviews that will help them to grow their business.
- Ensure that all documentation (Ex: POD, Customer Reference) is complete from both the Shipper & the Carrier to execute invoicing to Shippers and payment to Carriers on time.
What you know:
- Bachelor's degree in a supply chain management, business administration, engineering or another technical or related field and/or equivalent working experience
- You have recently graduated and have <2 years of professional experience
- You have an intermediate English level (B1) and are looking to improve it. You will work with Shippers and Carrier who are based in the US and will receive coaching from your manager to improve your communication.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with different teams in the company to achieve the best results possible, you love to work in teams and you can easily switch between leading and collaborating with others
Who you are:
- You are passionate about our 7 core values: Start with the customer, Velocity over everything Raise the bar, Embrace the adventure together, Do more with less, Push back, then forward and Act like an owner
- You are disciplined and organized. Your best weapons are organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You have empathy across cultures and are excited to collaborate with teams in Mexico and the US.
- You are both a great communicator both in writing, over the phone or in person.
- You are low ego. You receive feedback with an open mind and are looking to continuously improve.
- Health Insurance: Seguros de gastos medicos mayores
- Supermarket vouchers: Vales de despensa
- Life Insurance: Seguro de vida
- Generous Time Away
- Participation in the Employee Stock Option Program
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Work from home on Friday. Monday-Thursday we work in a beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!