Marketplace Strategy & Operations
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
Tangibly impact the growth and efficiency of Nuvocargo. This is a unique experience to leverage your analytical skills to partner with operational, administrative, product and tech teams to generate business intelligence, improve decision making, drive action and help build a rocket ship.
You will be a key member of the Marketplace team reporting directly to Luis García, Head of Marketplace, responsible for pricing, margins and marketplace efficiency as we 4x our business in the coming year!
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Build dashboards and deep dive in data to generate insights for business partners.
- Collaborate with the business and product teams to influence prioritization of highest impact projects and products.
- Partner with data teams to build the infrastructure that will allow to maintain accurate and relevant raw data and business intelligence tools that will facilitate actionable insights and measurement.
- Deep dive in data to identify business opportunities and define specific tangible actions to tackle those opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional alignment mechanisms to safeguard margins and drive growth, efficiency and accountability.
What you know:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, actuarial sciences, economy or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in fast paced environment (preferably consulting or marketplace based startups).
- You speak both English & Spanish. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, switching between English & Spanish will be part of your daily activities.
- Experience working in cross-functional environments: driving accountability and influencing without nominal authority is desirable.
Who you are:
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Internal and external stakeholders love working with you because you hear their ideas and quickly execute on pragmatic initiatives to solve them, especially when they require cross-functional context.
- You are a strategic thinker and a doer. You gather insights to understand the big picture, but you are driven by a hands-on approach.
- You thrive both at strategizing and at executing on the initiatives you lead and you always take initiatives from conception to launch.
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are not afraid of working with different stakeholders or getting into the nitty gritty to make sure our efforts are implemented and have the highest impact.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You are great at synthesizing inputs from different sources; you speak and write clearly, concisely, and with a structure that gets everyone on the same page when things feel messy.
- You enjoy solving complex problems. A systems-thinker. You do whatever it takes to solve the challenge in front of you. Like we do, you believe that when there is a will, there is a way.
- You are data driven. You trust your business instincts but you dive deep into the data to make decisions. You have a process-oriented mindset, and you quantify success with hard data.
- You are self-driven and proactive. You are a self-starter who is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone in the quest for improvement and innovation.
- You have a track record of working in roles such as investment banking, private equity, management consulting, strategy, operations, or similar where you have had to navigate effortlessly between the quantitative and qualitative aspects to improve and understand a business.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!