Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
As Sales Executive, you will focus on growing our customer base and the fast-paced brokerage aspect at one of the fastest-growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
You will create your portfolio of accounts through research and prospecting while becoming consultative in providing logistics solutions based on individual customer needs. This consultative style will provide the opportunity to navigate longer sales cycles and develop account-specific growth strategies.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Prospect potential customers that fit Nuvocargo's short and long-term commercial and operational strategy.
- Present Nuvocargo's value offers to potential customers making a strong emphasis on our digital services. You are expected to effectively communicate value to different stakeholders within our customer's organization.
- Through proactive and assertive actions you will interact with pricing, operations, engineering, and the leadership team to create, advance, and close new business for Nuvocargo.
- Bring forward initiatives, plans, and strategies to meet sales quotas in your territory and lead the implementation of those approved.
- Keep all your administrative workload updated.
What you know:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in B2B Sales experience.
- Knowledge using CRMs
- Comfortable working fast, high-paced environment
- Provide a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Who you are
- You are a high-performing sales executive. You will help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You are responsible for prospecting, closing, and growing our customers in the US territory.
- You are dependable and accountable. You can work independently and as part of a team. You will achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing our customers and territory.
- You are proficient. You are capable of designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence. Prospecting and closing customers that fit the company’s strategy and long-term goals. Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs. Present sales, revenue, and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team. Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- You have proven success as a sales representative. Consistently meeting or exceeding sales and profit quotas. Minimum 5 years experience selling value-oriented services. Preferably in cross-border logistics. Value selling skills.
- You have strong communication and forecasting skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization. Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close. Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- You are willing to travel. Throughout the US working with strategic customers will drive our company’s growth in the US.
- You are capable and willing to learn new tools. As well as a new dynamic, disruptive way to sell and fulfill cross-border services to the industry.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!