Information Technology Specialist II
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Mammoth is looking for a passionate, self-motivated, ambitious Information Technology Support Specialist that has the desire and capability to think outside the box to solve complex problems. The Information Technology Specialist II acts as the main point of contact regarding technical issues and will work directly with all internal departments to provide solutions in a timely manner. This role will suit an individual who excels in a challenging and dynamic environment, enjoys providing world-class support, and is technically motivated.
- Provide full desktop service to client base end users in local clients’ offices (in person and remotely)
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues reported by staff
- Create documentation for troubleshooting and resolution steps for IT issues
- Monitor usability and overall health status of the company IT cloud applications (Google Workspace, Office, JAMF, OKTA etc.) and local infrastructure (network, VPN, endpoints, servers, etc.)
- Onboard/Offboard employees
- Routinely inspect, test, and troubleshoot Conference Rooms and Zoom Rooms
- Maintain IT inventory
- Maintain and manage Mammoth Lab Requirements with Leadership
- Maintain working computer components through repair or replacement
- Procurement of IT-related hardware and software
- 4+ years of experience in an IT role (Or Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years experience)
- Experience with providing advanced technical support in an industry setting
- Expertise with Google Workspace, Microsoft online services with an understanding of the security aspects of these solutions
- Understanding of the technical fundamentals of enterprise networking
- Knowledge of technologies such as SSH, TCP/IP, IPv4 & v6, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, Proxying
- Knowledge of standard enterprise IT systems such as: Active Directory, VMware, VEEAM, Slack and Zoom
- Experience with corporate on-boarding workflows and processes
- Working knowledge of these OS: Windows 2016/2019 Server, Windows 10, macOS, and Linux
- Hands on experience in providing technical support and administration to macOS, Windows 10, OSX
- Experience as a Jr. Network/System Administrator in a Corporate environment
- Working knowledge of Access Control Systems such as security cameras and door lock systems
- Computer Science or an IT-related Associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or specific certification in your field of expertise
- Experience with in office Audio/Visual setup and support
- Familiarity with JAMF MDM
- Familiarity with OKTA or another SSO Platform
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $100,711 - $120,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.