Senior Research Associate, Therapeutic Genome Editing
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Mammoth Biosciences is hiring a Senior Research Associate to support our therapeutic gene editing programs focused on the liver. Our team leverages novel CRISPR systems to edit hepatocytes and develop permanent cures for liver-involved genetic diseases. The candidate would work in a fast-paced environment to perform in vitro studies in cell lines and primary hepatocytes, collaborating with team members to contribute to several projects in Mammoth’s therapeutic pipeline. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in translating cutting edge CRISPR technologies into life changing therapies.
- Culture, transfect, and edit cell lines and primary hepatocytes cells using Mammoth CRISPR systems
- Characterize edited cells using molecular and biochemical techniques including NGS, ddPCR, western blot, and flow cytometry
- Execute with rigor established SOPs
- Maintain meticulous electronic records
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of postgraduate-research experience or Masters in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline
- Experience with cell culture techniques
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, western blot, ELISA or flow cytometry
- At least one year of industry research experience
- Experience in gene editing
- Experience in culture of primary human and mouse hepatocytes
- Experience in next-generation sequencing library preparation
- A foundation in experimental documentation and data presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $90,250 - $105,735
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.
See more open positions at Mammoth Biosciences
Something looks off?