Senior Scientist II - mRNA Technologies
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Mammoth Biosciences is looking for a motivated and independent individual to join our growing Nucleic Acid Technologies (NATx) team as a Sr. Scientist II. This position will report directly to the Director of NATx and will play an integral role in advancing the next generation of genome editing therapeutics. This position is well-suited for a creative scientist with domain expertise in ribonucleic acid/oligonucleotide biochemistry, design and synthesis. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to use his/her/their expertise to improve the specificity and potency of Mammoth’s proprietary nuclease CRISPR-based gene editing systems. This role will have the opportunity to lead multiple research projects and collaborate with other stakeholders to drive innovative research into a clinical setting. The ideal candidate will be expected to work independently and as part of a team and be excited to learn and grow as a manager/leader.
- Lead a team responsible for manufacturing and characterizing diverse range of RNA structures (e.g. guide RNA/mRNA)
- Prepare detailed experimental plans, execute and present results at team, company-wide and external scientific meetings
- Contribute to written reports, papers and intellectual property
- Collaborate cross-functionally with genome editors, enzymologists, chemist and computational biologists to optimize the potency and safety of CRISPR based systems
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members
- Manage CROs and support external collaboration activities
- PhD in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline with at least 4+ years of relevant research in an industry or academic setting, with a focus on non-viral CRISPR therapeutics, mRNA therapeutics or oligonucleotide chemistry or relevant research areas
- Experience in a broad range of nucleic acid detection and characterization methodologies (e.g., HPLC, RT-PCR, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate cross-functionally is a must.
- Experience in CRISPR Therapeutics using non-viral delivery
- Experience in oligonucleotide design, manufacturing and optimization
- Experience in mRNA drug development and/or platform development
- A foundation in experimental documentation, basic statistical analysis and data presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $152,000 - $168,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.
See more open positions at Mammoth Biosciences
Something looks off?