Senior Accounting Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious Senior Accounting Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the company's financial and accounting operations.
Kimkim is a fast-growing, profitable technology company that helps travelers have unforgettable authentic travel experiences. We do this by connecting independent travelers with local specialists who design personalized itineraries, including activities, accommodations, and transportation.
We partner with passionate travel specialists in 90+ destinations worldwide who work with top local activity operators, guides, and accommodations. A portion of every kimkim trip goes toward removing carbon from the atmosphere.
The kimkim team is currently based in a few hubs: Boulder, Colorado (headquarters), San Francisco, CA, and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
About the Role
As our Senior Accounting Manager, you will be the first in-house hire in the finance and accounting team and will be responsible for all aspects of the company's financial and accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and financial reporting. You will also be working closely with an outsourced accounting team and internal teams to implement the right financial processes.
Additionally, you will work closely with the executive team to provide financial analysis and modeling for key business decisions. This will include preparing presentations and reports to help the team understand the company's financial performance and identify areas for improvement.
As an ideal candidate, you will be curious, and analytical, with a natural drive to exceed expectations, resonating with kimkim’s core principles. Your organizational, communication and team collaboration skills are second to none, you enjoy helping to implement solutions that push operational efficiencies to the next level.
- Manage the month-end close process by working closely with internal teams and any outsourced accounting support
- Work cross-functionally to develop, implement and manage key metrics & analytics reporting
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the financial and cash management model, including the preparation of monthly budget vs actual analyses
- Regularly assist in Board meeting preparation and reporting
- Manage payments and accounts payable to our specialist partners and contractors to ensure a high degree of accuracy & timeliness
- Work to ensure accurate payroll for our full time, part time and variable hours teams
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with all functions
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting, with experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and relevant laws and regulations.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
If you are a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with a passion for accounting and finance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at kimkim.com.