Sr. Employee Experience and Inclusion Manager
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their clientflow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $10 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As the Sr. Employee Experience and Inclusion Manager, you’ll drive an exceptional employee experience for all US HoneyBook employees. Reporting to the US Head of People, you will own the strategic direction and execution of creating an engaging and inclusive environment where HoneyBook employees can thrive. You’ll champion our core values, particularly “People Come First” and ensure all US employees feel connected and engaged, regardless if they are hybrid or remote. You’ll also have the opportunity to partner closely with our global People team, working together to foster our distinctive culture and create a memorable employee experience across sites.
If you aspire to join a company that prioritizes its people, build long-lasting relationships, and be part of a People team that has a true impact, come join us! We would love to have you on our team.
This is a hybrid role requiring 2-3 days a week in our SF office, plus additional days as needed to support special events, team workshops, or when hosting employees from different sites.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Design, develop, and execute an employee experience strategy to deliver impactful and new initiatives to retain and engage HoneyBook employees, ultimately enhancing their employee experience, keeping employees informed, engaged, and inspired.
- Identify and amplify moments that matter throughout the HoneyBook employee journey, ensuring employees feel heard, seen, respected, and valued and can bring their authentic self to work.
- Champion our employee values, finding creative ways to continually embed our core values into employee programs such as: anniversary programs, great place to work initiatives, holidays programming, site/office wide gatherings, etc’.
- Execute effective employee listening campaigns to ensure solutions are grounded by the voice of the employee.
- Oversee our San Francisco and New York offices’ experience while also building a remote employee community where all employees feel engaged and connected.
- Lead, coach, and mentor the US Office and Experience team.
- Administer the office & experience team budget in alignment with the Employee Experience strategy.
- Build a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) strategy and work with leadership and local teams to not only execute against it, , but ensure that DEIB initiatives stay top of mind and supported at HoneyBook.
- Oversee and lead cross-functional working groups to drive key initiatives; build relationships with cross-functional partners (Global People Team, People Ops, IT, Finance, Creative and Brand Team) and drive change across the organization including at the Executive level.
- Develop engaging and informative employee communications and presentations designed to keep employees informed about Employee Experience programs.
Here is what we’re looking for in a Sr. Employee Experience and Inclusion Manager:
- A strategic thinker who can develop and drive initiatives at a high level while also rolling their sleeves up and doing the work
- A builder who approaches the design of new programs and initiatives with creativity, as well as with a clear plan for execution
- Enthusiasm for creating an engaging and inclusive employee experience, regardless of where employees are located
- A passion for all things diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- A strong cross functional team player who is able to enroll stakeholders along the way, drive change, and influence at different levels
- The capacity to balance several projects simultaneously while maintaining a sense of urgency and adapting to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a propensity for over-communication
- Proactiveness. You don't wait for the opportunities (whether it's a new idea, or a new challenge), to come to you. You're constantly looking ahead, finding better ways to do things and leading the way
Here is what is needed:
- 4+ years of experience in an employee experience role in the hi-tech industry, with prior experience managing a team, and at least 7+ years total career experience
- Experience leading programs and projects in one or more of the following areas: employee experience, employee engagement, employee journey management, organizational development, human resources
- Experience using multiple feedback channels (qualitative and quantitative) to connect and listen to employees and find opportunities, identify gaps, design solutions, and drive improvements
- Prior experience supporting a multi-state & remote employee population as well as working in partnership with People team and other stakeholders across multiple regions and countries
The good stuff:
- Mission driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit and market.
- Base pay $152k - $185k (for California-based roles)
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are independents, who generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.