Sr Product Marketing Manager, Growth
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $9 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As a Product Marketing Manager - Growth, you will lead top-of-funnel efforts as well as develop both strategies and go-to-market plans that drive acquisition and activation of HoneyBook among priority industry verticals. You’ll lead the development of the customer journey for a number of verticals, and leverage data to create compelling messaging that positions and differentiates HoneyBook among a number of target audiences. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including product growth teams, product education, customer success, and marketing teams as you work together on the coordination and successful execution of go to market initiatives.
In order to be successful, you must first and foremost have the proficiency to see the big picture while not losing sight of the details. This means providing the strategic high-level perspective, while simultaneously ensuring we don’t miss the important details critical to a successful GTM launch. At the same time, you’ll need to effectively manage indirect resources, and communicate strategies and plans to the broader organization, keeping supporting groups in alignment. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This role reports to our Head of Product Marketing, and is a hybrid role requiring in-office presence at either our San Francisco office or New York City hub 2-3 days a week. Note that while the role is advertised in both San Francisco and New York, there is only one role available; you need not apply for both.
Here are a few of the things you’ll work on:
- Develop a deep understanding and customer insights of key industry verticals
- Partner with our internal research team and/or agencies to conduct primary research to understand vertical needs, pain points and barriers to conversion
- Run ongoing competitive analysis, to better understand growth opportunities
- Analyze customer funnel conversion and usage data to develop insights
- Create vertical buyer personas based on insights that help inform go-to-market strategies and tactics
- Develop GTM strategies and campaigns for key industry verticals
- Develop strategy, plans and goals for vertical acquisition and activation
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop product positioning and messaging, value propositions, market opportunity analysis, and customer proof points
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute and assess marketing programs that support our growth among key verticals
- Develop testing and learning plans to continuously optimize vertical customer journeys
- Conduct an ongoing assessment and reporting of go-to-market plans; making recommendations for course corrections as needed
- Work with teams to create vertical specific content that drives awareness, consideration and conversion
- Develop our lead generation and lead nurturing discipline in partnership with our growth and lifecycle teams, among others
Here is what is needed:
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- 7+ years’ career experience with at least 4 years spent in a product marketing role
- Prior experience driving acquisition and working with Growth teams at companies targeting SMBs, or that employ a product led growth marketing approach.
- Demonstrated record of generating growth momentum, with prior experience guiding lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing channels with a proven track record of successfully planning and executing cross functional, high-impact, multi-channel campaigns that drive results
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, with a demonstrated ability to work successfully across multiple cross functional teams; most importantly product
- Prior experience directing and managing cross functional teams toward common goals
- Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Fluency in data, and prior experience leveraging data to inform recommendations and decisions
- Willingness to both travel to our office in Tel Aviv on a quarterly basis, and to make yourself available for meetings with collaborators in different time zones as needed.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on experience and merit
- $150k - $168k base
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are independents, who generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.