Senior Product Manager - Fintech
HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for independent small businesses and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by independent businesses across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $8B in business on our platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have a similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our Payments team.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive payment collection strategy aligned with our business objectives and user needs. Continuously analyze market trends and competitors to identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation.
- Own the entire product lifecycle, including market analysis, user research, and overseeing development.
- Guide user research team, analyze user data, and perform usability tests to enhance the payment experience continually. Translate user insights into actionable improvements and new features.
- Play a leading role in implementing the payments roadmap, prioritizing initiatives based on business impact and customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with HB’s core product teams, operations, finance and customer experience to align priorities and successfully deliver impactful features.
Here is what is needed:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager in banking / payments / fintech space.
- Proven track record of developing and executing your strategies.
- Strong user-centric mindset focusing on how your product impacts the end user.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of payment industry trends and competitive landscape.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the service provider space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, Our Crowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.