Strategic Finance Manager
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $9 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, we are looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to lead modeling and forecasting, financial planning, and strategic analysis. You will help drive company-wide initiatives and optimize business decisions by delivering insightful metrics, forecasts, and operational finance support. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-performing Finance team that plays a key role in making recommendations that inform both short and long term decisions, determining the trajectory of the company.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Own the company's three-statement financial model and develop both short-term and long-range forecasts
- Gain a deep understanding of our key operational metrics and conduct complex cohort modeling and unit economics analysis
- Lead management and investor reporting, including KPIs and actuals vs plan in order to deliver monthly and quarterly performance analyses for our Leadership team and Board of Directors
- Play an integral role in the semi-annual planning process and collaborate with department leads to build and track operational budgets
- Interpret and present key findings directly to senior leadership across multiple functions
- Build metrics-driven financial models to assess new business opportunities
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to provide value-added business insight and decision support
- Manage and mentor 1-2 analysts
Here is what is needed:
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- 5-8 years of finance experience with a mix of startup and investment banking (or similar work experience)
- Exceptional modeling skills including experience building metrics-driven revenue forecasts and integrated three-statement financial models
- Innate curiosity and analytical skills with an ability to think critically about key drivers
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional partners
- Comfortable operating in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Solid foundation in financial accounting and management reporting
- Bachelor’s degree is required, an MBA is a plus
- Experience in SaaS and/or payments is a plus
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit and market.
- $108k - $155k
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
- Remote friendly (must be US based)
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are independents, who generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
Follow us on Medium and Instagram and catch the latest stories about HoneyBook. Read about what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
Something looks off?