Talent Operations Associate
People & HR, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
EvenUp is a venture-backed generative AI startup that ensures injury victims are awarded the full value of their claims, expanding the $100B+ in awards granted to injury victims every year. Every year, the legal system has made it difficult for millions of ordinary people to seek justice, especially for folks without means or who come from underrepresented backgrounds. Our vision is to help these injury victims get the justice they deserve, irrespective of their income, demographics, or the quality of their legal representation.
EvenUp operates across all types of injury cases, from police brutality and child abuse to California wildfires and motor vehicle accidents. Our ML-driven software empowers attorneys to accurately assess the value of these cases by doing a core part of their workflow (legal drafting), enabling them to secure larger settlements in record time. As EvenUp evaluates more cases, our proprietary data grows, enhancing the precision of our predictions and delivering more value to both attorneys and victims alike.
As one of the fastest growing startups ($0 to $10M in ARR in <2 years), we raised $65M in investment from some of the best investors in the world (Bessemer, Bain Capital, Signalfire, DCM, NFX, Tribe Capital), seasoned tech executives (i.e. founder of Quora, SVP at Google, former CPO at Uber), and public figures that care about our social mission (Nas, Jared Leto, Byron Jones). Our team comes from top tech, legal, and investing backgrounds including Waymo, Google, Amazon, Uber, Quora, Blizzard, Norton Rose, Warburg Pincus, Bain, and McKinsey.
EvenUp is growing! In order to make sure that we’re building the best possible team, we need rock-solid talent operations and processes. In this role, you’ll work with talent leadership to manage ATS setup and best practices, own scheduling and coordination for open roles, and support the talent team to ensure that we’re bringing people on in a way that is consistent, inclusive and rigorous.
What you'll do
- Configure, manage and maintain our recruiting ATS, including project managing our migration from Lever to Ashby
- Create documentation to help educate the team on our recruiting
- Provide excellent candidate experience during all phases of the recruitment process
- Coordinate and schedule phone interviews and on-site interviews between candidates and EvenUp stakeholders
- Communicate with candidates via email and phone, providing information and answering questions
- Create interview agendas with full details including interview panel and job titles
- Troubleshoot day-of interview issues (including changes to the schedule and IT issues)
- Application review and written assessment grading, especially for our fast-growing Legal Operations team
- Administrative tasks and projects as assigned
What we look for
- Experience working as a recruiting coordinator or in recruiting operations at a company using modern talent acquisition best practices
- Experience with modern ATS configuration and management on a team that uses advanced features of Ashby, Lever and/or Greenhouse
- Ability to organize, multi-task and collaborate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and urgency around your work and the outcomes of our hiring processes
- Tech-savvy and ability to quickly pick up new processes and software
Benefits & Perks:
We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill our mission of making the world a more just place, regardless of our team’s function, geography, or experience level. To that end, we offer:
- Fully remote setup - work from wherever you feel is best (Plus a stipend to upgrade your home office!)
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Offsites - get to meet your coworkers on a fully-expensed trip every 6-12 months!
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Flexible paid time off
- A variety of virtual team events such as game nights & happy hours
EvenUp is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.