Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
EvenUp is a venture-backed generative AI startup that ensures injury victims are awarded the full value of their claims, expanding the $100B+ in awards granted to injury victims every year. Every year, the legal system has made it difficult for millions of ordinary people to seek justice, especially for folks without means or who come from underrepresented backgrounds. Our vision is to help these injury victims get the justice they deserve, irrespective of their income, demographics, or the quality of their legal representation.
EvenUp operates across all types of injury cases, from police brutality and child abuse to California wildfires and motor vehicle accidents. Our ML-driven software empowers attorneys to accurately assess the value of these cases by doing a core part of their workflow (legal drafting), enabling them to secure larger settlements in record time. As EvenUp evaluates more cases, our proprietary data grows, enhancing the precision of our predictions and delivering more value to both attorneys and victims alike.
As one of the fastest growing startups ($0 to $10M in ARR in <2 years), we raised $65M in investment from some of the best investors in the world (Bessemer, Bain Capital, Signalfire, DCM, NFX, Tribe Capital), seasoned tech executives (i.e. founder of Quora, SVP at Google, former CPO at Uber), and public figures that care about our social mission (Nas, Jared Leto, Byron Jones). Our team comes from top tech, legal, and investing backgrounds including Waymo, Google, Amazon, Uber, Quora, Blizzard, Norton Rose, Warburg Pincus, Bain, and McKinsey.
What you will be working on:
● Provide guidance, career development and mentorship support to your team.
● Collaborate in a multi-disciplined team to solve problems
● You’re also prepared to jump in as needed to do some hands-on engineering to get work done.
● Maintain the culture and discipline of Engineering that is directive in guidance, and creates a space for engineers to grow and flourish.
● Leverage your technical skills to create roadmaps that balance technical performance and company business value.
● Champion the technical vision for our product Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED:
● 5+ years of backend engineering experience working with relational databases and/or other database technologies (senior engineer), 2-3 years of backend engineering experience (intermediate engineer)
● Interest in making the world a fairer place (we don’t get paid unless we’re helping injured victims and/or their attorneys)
● Have several years of industry experience building high-quality software, shipping production-ready code and infrastructure
● Understand the value of having a high quality code-base that is simple, understandable code that is efficient, reasonably free of bugs and maintainable.
● Enjoy navigating technical challenges and delivering solutions that track to your estimates
● Can communicate technical ideas or issues in easy-to-understand and actionable termsLearn quickly and are seeking opportunities to work cross-functionally (including data engineering, DevOps…) and with a diverse group of people
● Enjoy owning a project from start to finish and loves to drive a project across the finish line
● Kubernetes experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill our mission of making the world a more just place, regardless of our team’s function, geography, or experience level. To that end, we offer:
- Fully remote setup - work from wherever you feel is best (Plus a stipend to upgrade your home office!)
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Offsites - get to meet your coworkers on a fully-expensed trip every 6-12 months!
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Flexible paid time off
- A variety of virtual team events such as game nights & happy hours
EvenUp is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.