Solution Architect / Security Engineer
Bridgecrew is an all-in-one security platform that makes distributed cloud-native security easy and cost-effective. Making cloud-native security easy to understand, actionable, and scalable is no easy feat, but this platform fills the gaps in the cloud-native ecosystems by providing lifecycle visibility and governance, automating best practice implementations, and creating rapid and orchestrated remediation.
There is no doubt that cloud adoption has hit a tipping point, yet the security needed to protect it has stagnated. Security can no longer rely on experts, who are in short supply, or manual processes, which are unable to keep pace–it needs to be native to cloud workflows.
Luckily, infrastructure as code (IaC) and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) provisioning practices are becoming prevalent, opening up new approaches to improving security.
We took these convergent forces and harnessed the power of the developer community to deliver security in a way that is simple, automated, and distributed.
We’re seeking a Solution Architect to join the US-based team. This role primarily comprises a mix of supporting existing customers as they adopt and use the Bridgecrew platform and contributing to the evolution of the platform itself–in both design and hands-on development–in response to customer needs. A secondary responsibility is to support Bridgecrew's sales team as needed to deliver high-value features for prospects. This role will work closely with the product management, engineering, and sales teams at Bridgecrew.
- Provide hands-on support for customers during onboarding and ongoing use of the Bridgecrew platform
- Support customer security goals as a trusted advisor with expert knowledge of cloud security best practices
- Consolidate customer feedback and individual insights to influence the Bridgecrew platform roadmap
- Develop tailored technical solutions for customer needs and integrate those solutions to the Bridgecrew platform
- Contribute to the design and development of new product capabilities, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Manage customer accounts to ensure each receives a high degree of service and satisfaction
- Support Bridgecrew's sales teams as needed with high-value technical solutions for prospects
- Travel occasionally (1 week every 1-2 months, once travel restrictions are lifted) to meet customers face-to-face in order to build stronger relationships
- 3-5+ years of experience in a solution architect, security engineering, or technical security consulting role
- Subject matter expertise of cloud security practices and regulatory compliance requirements
- Comfort operating across varied organizational structures and cultures
- Familiarity with a breadth of services across the three major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, and Azure), with depth of knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one major cloud provider
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code frameworks, primarily Terraform and Kubernetes
- Experience with git and CI/CD tools and workflows
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Ability to elicit user requirements and convert them into technical designs and implementations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Cloud provider certifications are a bonus, but not required
- Recent familiarity or hands-on experience with administration of cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP), Linux/Unix distributions, security engineering (such as designing secure networking topologies), DevOps ecosystem (CI/CD tools and workflows), container technologies, Python and NodeJS development